Tuesday, February 25, 2014

The Beginning of the End

Once upon a time (in a galaxy far, far away...not really), I wrote one blog. In it I used the word "blog" in almost every fashion available. Then I never wrote another blog again. THE END

This is who I am. This is the journey that God has had me walk. It hasn't been fun, but I have no regrets.

Four and a half years ago, my husband, Tony, injured himself on the job. He was a pest control technician. One day he went to work. He was spraying under a house. When he came up, he hit his head on a window air conditioner unit. He cut his head, but he thought that was it. He's a manly man, so he continued working. Later in the day, he was up in someone's attic working. He hit his head on someone's scissor lift. (I have no idea what that is, but he said it was something that could carry you up into the attic.) Manly man that he is, he hurt and continued working. On the last job of the day, he was outside spraying and hit his head on a tree. He didn't remember that one for a couple days. When he came home, I watched him and didn't let him go to sleep until the concussion looked okay. I would have liked for him to stay home, but my manly man went to work to provide for his family. (That's how he was...always providing for his fam. He was awesome that way.) First job the next day, he hit his head on the railing on his truck. He woke up away from his truck in some ivy. He was also wearing his backpack sprayer and laying on his back. He luckily figured out how to call his boss, and he picked him up and took him to the doctor. That's the story.

I think I will stop here for today. I will get into the next saga later. I try to think back on this day, and I don't remember much. I didn't realize that this was going to be a journey until later in the month.

How do you finish a blog? I don't know. I've never written one before. So, in everything, no matter what, choose to have joy. I believe joy is a choice. I don't think you have to feel happiness to have joy. Kinda weird, I know.   JOY

2 comments:

  1. I have no doubt in my mind that the Father will carry you though this journey. He will! Sharing this will help many who are struggling...probably more then you realize. We can so chose joy even though we do not feel it. We can trust the Lord and rejoice in His blessings even when our heart is broken in a million pieces. Thank you for reminding me...choose joy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your new blog!! I feel blessed and privileged to be able to follow you on your healing journey and to get to know you and the life you had with Tony! Sending my love & prayers!!

    ReplyDelete